Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY :: Cupcake Stand


Last night, a group of my friends from church and I hosted a bridal shower for a sweet bride-to-be. It was a lovely time and the shower turned out beautiful. We all had our roles (food planning, table decorations, cupcakes, and more) - mine was to provide a cupcake stand. I think I may have had one of the easiest tasks of the shower.

When my husband and I got married, I was looking for unique ways to display cupcakes. I came across a fabulous idea in Martha Stewart's magazine involving terra cotta pots and flowers to create a personalized cupcake stand for any event.

All you need is 3 terra cotta pots (sizes 12, 10, and 8 inches) and 3 terra cotta pot trays (sizes 12, 10, and 8 inches. You may keep them natural or you may paint or stain them to match your decor. Last night's theme was simply Spring, so we kept them natural. You will also need flowers (fresh look best) or any other garnishes to fill in the gaps between the cupcakes and to use as a topper.


To build your cupcake stand, turn the 12 inch pot upside down, placing the 12 inch pot tray on top. Then, place the 10 inch pot upside down, placing the 10 inch pot tray on top. Repeat with the 8 inch pot and tray. Step back and make sure your pots and trays are aligned properly, adjust where needed.

Place your cupcakes in the space between the trays and the pots. I also like to make a cupcake ring around the base of stand. Once your cupcakes are in place, add the flowers. Viola - cupcake stand assembled!

This is sure to be an eye-catching piece for your event and anyone can make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment